Saturday, May 30, 2009

Looks like we will see some sun today.

As I am typing this, the sun is breaking through the clouds little by little. Some of the young transplants were looking really sad yesterday. If I had known that the weather was going to be so cold, I would have waited. Even though I may have missed a week of planting time, the transplants would have easily caught up. Right now, I am not sure how they will do. So we will have to wait and see. I hope some gentle sunshine and warmer temperatures helps.

The only plants that seem unfazed by the cooler temperatures are of course the lettuce. They seemed to have doubled in size in just a short time:


I plan on planting some seeds this weekend: various varieties of beans, zucchini, cucumbers, and summer squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment