Monday, July 27, 2009

My first zucchini

My first zucchini:


Isn’t he cute? I sliced it up and added to our dinner salad made from the garden lettuce:


As I drove homeward from work I could see thunderstorms rolling in. Distant rumble of thunder urged me to zip out to the garden quickly as the storm moved closer. I had enough time to poke a few Japanese Beetles off my bean leaves into a can of soapy water, fill the SWCs, and harvest some lettuce and the zucchini for dinner. Once I was safely inside, the sky darkened and it began to rain once again.

5 comments:

  1. I picked a couple of zucchini's today too. Think I am going to put them in some zucchini bread!
    Isn't it so satisfying to pick that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I asked K if he wanted to share half of the zucchini, he promptly declined as I knew he would. K only likes zucchini in baked items like bread or muffins.

    So nice of him to allow me to enjoy my first one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked my first one yesterday and cooked in some stir-fry. Yum! I think I'll have another one ready tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first (of many!) zucchinis! Yeah!!!

    I plucked a couple from my brother-in-law's plants. I pan fried them with onions... then added a bit of corn. Oh my gosh! Absolutely YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete