Monday, April 5, 2010

Harvest Mondays: The First Harvest of the 2010 Season!

Each Monday Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from their gardens in different parts of the country.



I wasn’t expecting to harvest anything from the garden yet. For tonight’s dinner I prepared a large salad with some barbequed boneless chicken breast. So I clipped a few spinach leaves and some chives to top off the store bought greens. It made some improvement in the flavor, but I can't wait to be using all vegetables from the garden for my salads.

Be sure to visit Daphne's Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

14 comments:

  1. Alright! Tell that garden to bring it on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach seems to be the first harvest of the season for a lot of cold climate gardeners, your's is beautiful. I hope it's the start of a long bountiful growing season you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first harvest ! The spinach looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous spinach!! congrats on the first harvest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking spinach. Mine is not looking too hot these days. They definitely need to be pulled soon!

    I sowed some cut and come again lettuce mix yesterday...I can't wait for garden fresh salad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I got my first lettuce cuttings today as well. It feels so good, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very soon, if that's an indication. Pretty spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore spinach. Just used up the last package of frozen spinach from the 2009 garden and am watching my 2010 patch with excitement as the little plants spring forward with new growth. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for that to happen either. I think next harvest Monday I'll have some spinach too. And my chives are starting to come up from their slumber.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking harvest and new beds! We have had lettuce, just a touch of spinach, asparagus are beginning to abundantly produce, and can't wait for what is next. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spinach and chives already, sounds like spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty spinach,the chicken salad sounds good with chives.

    I finally pulled all my overwintered spinach and planted a new variety "Tyee", our spring is short, it will be interesting to see how this spinach behaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you're off to a good start! It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the comments, folks! It was pretty exciting to finally eat something from the garden.

    ReplyDelete