The raspberry canes were placed in water to soak while we prepared the planting area:
It was easy to till up the soil in the recently weeded area. We had to remove a few roots, but overall the soil was in pretty good condition.
Five holes were dug approximately 2-feet apart. I added some compost and all purpose fertilizer to the planting holes and mixed it in then planted the bare root raspberry canes. I built little motes around the planted canes to hold water so it will drain down to the roots instead of running off the slope.
I hope these guys sprout, grow and spread. Not much can be done with this area of the yard. It is on a slope and is usually covered in tall grass and weeds. It will be nice to have it producing food instead.