Monday, May 10, 2010

Harvest Mondays: Spinach and Salad Clippings


Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from their gardens in different areas.

The overwintered spinach was on the verge of bolting so I harvested all I could. Most went into a spinach lasagna on Sunday. The rest will be used in salads during the week:



A little bit of salad clippings were also harvested:



The weather in early May has been unusually warm for this time of year. Some days it even reached low 80s. However the past few nights have been near freezing and required protective covering. Tonight temps are predicted to be as low as 28˚F. Eeek!

Be sure to visit Daphne’s Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Let's hope that weather man is wrong about tonight's temperature. I'm counting on our predictions of mid forties to low fifties for the next ten days, so all seedlings that haven't been planted are being left outside now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The harvest looks delicious and I adore that red colander! Wowwee that is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I bet spinach lasagna is yummy! Especially made from homegrown spinach...I hope the weatherman is wrong, because that would just be awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your harvest looks a lot like mine this week. My spinach is starting to bolt too.

    The wild temperature swings we have been having is sending my Asian greens to bolting prematurely. They are such an iffy crop here in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lettuce leaves are great contrasting colours. We have bolting going on in the garden too though I'm encouraging it as it means I'll be adding to my asian green seed collection. No spinach but I'm inspired by you all so maybe I'll add that green back on the list for next year.

    ReplyDelete