Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time Off for Gardening

It’s been a whirlwind of activity here lately and not all garden related. K is filming a low budget movie here in Maine and we had a ton of work to do to get ready for the week long shoot. The movie begins shooting today so I can take a break from that chaos for now. I have also taken some time off from work from now until after Memorial Day. I plan on spending most of it in the garden.

Most gardeners in my area use Memorial Day as the time to “put in the garden.” Luckily for us this year, it looks as though the weather will cooperate. This upcoming week it is predicted that daytime temperatures will be in the high 70s and 80s. Nighttime temps will still be a bit cool, in the 50s. This will be a great opportunity for the final garden preparations and to harden off the seedlings.

I am so looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! I myself can't wait to get working on the garden this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking time off from work and spending most of it in the garden! I generally try to take the last week of March or first week of April for largely that purpose - as that is when all my spring planting and bed prep needs to be done. Have a great time in the garden and you do realize we will be expecting a few posts this week about what you have been up to!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henbogle: Thanks! You know I will have fun. This weekend is supposed to be awesome too!

    kitsapFG: There is a lot to be accomplished this week in the garden and you can bet I will be posting more than usual.

    ReplyDelete