Friday, July 16, 2010

Pizza Pie Me Oh My


Fridays are traditionally pizza dinner night in my house. Sometime I make our pizza crust from scratch, but most times we purchase Portland Pie Pizza Dough at our local Hannaford Supermarket.

Summer is the best "Pizza Pie Me Oh My" time because of the fresh herbs and vegetables that are available. Lately, we have been making mini pizzas that measure about 6-inches wide, so we can enjoy a variety of toppings. Below we have the toppings all prepared: mozzarella, grilled chicken, sautéed mushrooms, precooked, ground sirloin, sautéed garlic scapes, fresh basil, and rosemary:



Tonight we have divided the pizza dough into four mini pizzas.

First, we have one of my favorites. Basil pesto topped with fresh, sliced mozzarella, grilled chicken, sautéed garlic scapes, fresh basil and rosemary:



Second is one of K’s favorites, Mexican Pizza. Salsa topped with shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, ground sirloin, cilantro, and an added dollop of sour cream at serving time:



The remaining two were the same. Homemade tomato sauce topped with fresh, sliced mozzarella, ground sirloin, sautéed garlic scapes, fresh basil and rosemary:



Leftovers are usually consumed throughout the weekend for lunches along with a salad made from fresh veggies from the garden.

5 comments:

  1. I'll take a slice of all three! Oh, I bet homemade pizza is gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those pizzas look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scapes look pretty fantastic. And just the right size, too, for pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. How do I get invited to your house for dinner? I'll even settle for leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We certainly enjoy our pizza pie me oh my fridays. Thanks guys :)

    ReplyDelete