Saturday, August 21, 2010

New England Clam Chowder

After digging potatoes last week, I had a craving for some home made New England Clam Chowder. I searched a bunch of recipes before I found one that sounded just perfect from The Cliff House in Ogunquit, Maine.

The clams and clam juice were purchased locally. The potatoes, celery, onions, and herbs were from the garden. The chowder was thick, luscious, and delicious:



The recipe for “Cliff House Clam Chowder” (along with some other tempting recipes) can be downloaded from The Cliff House website.

6 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHHH looks delicious. I love a good clam chowder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clam chowder and that recipe looks like a good one. I feel the need to dig some potatoes this weekend for meal prep - comfort food always seems to have potatoes involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks goodness I've just eaten dinner or I'd be drooling all over my keyboard. I so love clam chowder, but haven't made it recently since it is has been so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ribbit: This was a great chowder. It didn't take long to prepare either.

    kitsapFG: I agree! Potatoes are great comfort food. We are going to go through those red potatoes quickly at this point.

    Daphne: I had to wait a few days until it was a little cooler, but I was really craving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really tasty. I love when garden produce stars in a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, clam chowder is one of my favorites!! Yummy. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete