Monday, April 11, 2011

Harvest Monday: April 11, 2011

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from his or her gardens in different areas.

The last of the lettuce growing under the lights was harvested this weekend:


This lettuce was seeded back in late December both to test some old seeds and grow some fresh greens. This is the last of the lettuce from that batch.

From the looks of the spring seedlings, we will not be out of lettuce for long:


Be sure to visit Daphne’s Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful lettuce! Great planning!! I just hate it when we run out of lettuce. What variety is the dark lettuce on the left in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lettuce looks wonderful. I never really considered growing veggies indoors during the winter. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lettuces - your winter sowing / seed starting really is paying some nice dividends. My winter lettuces got taken down by a surprise late arctic blast in late February. They were in the ungraded greenhouse but it still proved to be too much for them. Luckily the chard and kale came through fine, but I am having to be more patient for the early spring lettuce salads than I am used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your lettuce lasted a long time...mine was a couple months..I hope to grow more this winter again...just planted my early veggies outside so no harvest yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. GM, your lettuce looks beautiful and I know it's delicious. There is nothing quite like the fresh harvest of salad greens we have been enjoying of late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lettuce looks great. I can't wait for my newly planted lettuce to start giving me something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some lovely lettuce you grew under lights!

    ReplyDelete