Thursday, May 19, 2011

Update on the Pepper Seedlings

The Pepper seedlings were spending most days outside enjoying some sunshine. Night temperatures are still cold, so the seedlings are shuffled inside each night and shuffled outside in the morning. Unfortunately, not much sunshine this week. Rain is supposed to continue through the upcoming weekend.

Here are some updated photos of the peppers:

Marconi Rosso

Marconi Rosso

California Wonder Bell

California Wonder Bell

Quadrato Rosso D'Asti

Quadrato Rosso D'Asti

Anaheim

Anaheim

Jalapeno

Jalapeno

Some pepper seedlings are a little behind the others. I had a tough time getting some older seeds to germinate. Hopefully they will catch up. I had the easiest germination with the Marconi Rosso and Quadrato Rosso D’Asti. These were from Granny :)

8 comments:

  1. The peppers look very very happy. The Quadrato Rosso D'Asti seeds from Granny germinated the best for me too! I hope they produce as well as they germinated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pepper seedlings are looking really good, the Marconi Rosso is one of my favorite varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using my Quadrato Rosso D'Asti seeds for the third year with 100% germination and strong seedlings! It is my favorite sweet pepper, even though very few turned red for me last year, thanks to the lousy weather (and probably too close spacing). This is my first year for the Marconi Rosso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like they are doing well. I ought to get to the nursery and buy some peppers to fill in all the ones that didn't germinate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. I'll have to try the Quadrato Rosso D'Asti seeds now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have one heck of a pepper harvest there! The plants look good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your peppers are looking really healthy! Hopefully this is a sign that it will be a good year for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I am almost embrassed by my seedlings...but mine are in my garden so not quite. I have never heard of Quadrato Rosso D'asti...I will have to look for those. Strong germination and rave reviews from Granny! What's not to love.

    ReplyDelete