Monday, June 13, 2011

Harvest Monday: June 13, 2011

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from his or her gardens in different areas.

Lettuce still represents the majority of the harvest and provides us with salads almost every day. Little by little we are adding new things. This week we added some young red onions, swiss chard, and celery.

Ruby Red Swiss Chard, Young Red Onions, Celery

Mixed Lettuce

Be sure to visit Daphne’s Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful harvest Rachel! I just love all the different lettuces. It's kind of addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it won't be long before you start adding a lot more variety into your weekly harvests! Your lettuce looks great, it looks like they held up pretty well in the heat, if you got any in your area recently like so much of the rest of the country?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful harvest, such wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a bolder harvester than we are. We have rows of red onions, and a few could certainly be harvested for salads, but we just haven't been able to take that step. Maybe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that red lettuce - is it devils tongue?

    Nice to add new things into the harvest mix isn't it? I was thrilled to start harvesting broccoli this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorful lettuce. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful harvest, the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree I really like the colors of the lettuce. Such a nice harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so envious that you're still harvesting lettuce. Our lettuce season this year was so brief with the crazy weather.

    Thanks for reminding me that I need to trim some of my celery!

    ReplyDelete