Monday, July 18, 2011

Harvest Monday: July 18, 2011

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from his or her gardens in different areas.

The garlic was harvested over the weekend. Most of the bulbs were pretty good sized. Last year I had some loose heads, but I think I caught it at the right time this year. They are hanging from the rafters in the shed to cure.


We enjoyed the first summer squash this week. These were simply sliced and sautéed with some fresh garlic and olive oil and served as a side dish. I am looking forward to trying some new recipes this year.


Most of the harvest below was added to a quick stir fry this weekend.



Be sure to visit Daphne's Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

12 comments:

  1. Your garlic look beautiful. We have ours in our bike shed drying and the shed smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garlic looks great! Much bigger then mine this year. I bet you really enjoyed the first summer squash of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice garlic! The squash looks really good too! Can't wait till I get some. I got mine going too late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! I am so jealous of your garlic harvest. I've pulled 4 so far and they are so wimpy, it's probably not even worth curing them. yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks terrific, especially the garlic. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really nice sized garlic and such a bounty of it too! Congratulations on the first of the summer squash. We are still waiting for ours to start producing. So weird to be at mid July without a zucchini formed let alone ready for harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice garlic! Mine is due to be pulled this week. From the few I did dig, they aren't nearly as large as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful garlic! Now I'm tempted to harvest mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garlic looks really good, I checked on mine today and it still has a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm already looking forward to new summer squash recipes. Do share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Garlic is one thing we have not tried to grow yet, but we will be this year. I've had DH and DB building me boxes along the walk way on the side of the house just for that purpose :)

    ReplyDelete