Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dogs in the Snow

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. K and I spent a quiet day here at home. Wednesday we were hit with a winter storm that quickly left 10-inches of snowfall behind. As we cleared the driveway, I worried about losing power. It has been a long time since I have cut up a chicken and I have never done so with a turkey. But I was prepared to attempt it if the power went out and we were reduced to cooking Thanksgiving on the wood stove and gas grill.

Luckily, we never lost power and everything went as planned. Pumpkin and Apple pies were baked the evening before, the turkey was stuffed and in the oven Thanksgiving morning, and the vegetables prepped. All the herbs and vegetables came from this year's garden. Everything was delicious and we ate too much as usual.

Here is a video that K shot of the dogs in the snow last Wednesday. Bradie is the yellow lab in the foreground; Millie is the golden in the distance:


One week later, the snow is gone. Temperatures have been unseasonably high this week and rain melted the last of the snow yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. Dogs seem to know how to enjoy snow more than many other creatures. I know Mikey wishes it would snow here. Don't know about Taz yet. The dogs are lovely -- such a good pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of the snow---I'm about the first person to freeze out (early September), but it almost seems like I'm about the LAST to get the actual snow. Rats!
    They sure look like they enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one good thing about all that thick snow is that you dont have to wipe muddy paws 10 times a day. Funny thing when your happy about the ground freezing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefaneener: The dogs loved the snow! They couldn't get enough of running and rolling in it.

    Sue: I grumbled about the snow until I saw the video of the dogs just enjoying themselves in it. Just walking around in it seemed to give them such joy.

    Jane: Good point about muddy feet. Unfortunately, our ground isn't frozen yet and now the ground is as soggy as spring. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weather is just like ours, snowy one week, warmer the next, and now we are really cold with no snow at all. The dog sseem to enjoy all that snow.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. H: It is going to be pretty cold here in Maine this weekend. Teens overnight for the first time this year. I guess winter has finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete