Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Hole in Our Lives

K's mother, Rena passed away recently after a long, long struggle with kidney disease. She was the most caring, kind, and giving person that I have ever known. She was also very strong, brave, and stubborn especially when facing this disease.

Rena loved her children and would do anything for them. She expressed her love in many ways, but one of the strongest was through her fabulous cooking and baking. She rarely allowed her illness to interfere with baking treats or preparing a special meal when visitors came to call.

Rena defied the doctors' expectations and survived way beyond the time they predicted. She and her family were allowed to make the best of the time she had left. K and his sister were with her in the end. The suffering has ended but the pain of the loss has begun. There is a big hole that will never be filled completely, but I hope Rena's strength resonates to those who loved her and helps them heal.

R.I.P Rena

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like someone that made an impact on everyone she was around - through everyday acts of giving. I find people like that very inspiring. My sympathy to you and your family for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartfelt apology for your loss. Sending hugs and positive vibrations in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you have some wonderful memories of her. Hugs to you and K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this. My deepest sympathies go out to you and K. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I pray for comfort and peace during your time of grieving. May God wrap your family in his arms and comfort you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rachel, so sorry to hear about the passing of K's mother. You and your family are in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for you kind comments and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad that you have good memories to hang on to, though. She sounds like a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, may she live on in your memories.

    ReplyDelete