Monday, April 30, 2012

Harvest Mondays: April 30, 2012

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is harvesting from his or her gardens in different areas.




When I lifted the row cover protecting the greens, I saw that one Pak Choi had begun to bolt and others are not far behind. I haven't had much luck growing Pak Choi. Luckily it still tastes good at this stage. One was harvested along with some chives and added to a stir-fry. 



Be sure to visit Daphne's Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't grown pak choi yet but hope to in the fall...although, now that I think of it I should do some investigating first ;-)

    Yay for stir fry!!!

    Happy harvesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pak Choi looks good! This is my first year trying Asian vegetables. I'm using them in salads this spring, and will try them for cooking this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pak choi is definitely a cool weather plant, the first breath of warmth sends it bolting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed this morning that my baby choys are starting to bolt. I've got to go out and pick them today. The big ones seem fine so far. But then again I can't see them from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Definately not a veggie for me then! Looks lovely even bolting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought that Asian greens were more hardy than that. Good thing that you noticed them before they started tasting bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do pak choi get bigger than that? I grew some for the first time this winter and mine started bolting at about the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, it can be pretty bolty. It's only a fall/winter crop for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pak choi, I have never grown it but iwould like to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tatsoi plantings are bolting in my garden and the pac choi at the Giving Garden (and chinese cabbages) all bolted too. We had some warmer days (not many of them) and that was all it took.

    ReplyDelete