Thursday, June 21, 2012

Someone's Been Sleeping in My Bed

I enjoy walking out to the garden each morning with a cup of coffee in my hand. This morning, I looked everything over as usual and then spotted this in my potato bed:




It's a rather large depression in the middle of my potato bed that wasn't there the previous evening.  Nothing is chewed or broken, just pushed down. We have lots of deer in our area and I am assuming that one thought the potato bed would make a good place for a nap. I just hope it doesn't return for a snack.

6 comments:

  1. Your potatoes look great! Hopefully whoever took a nap there doesn't return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite impressed with how the potato plants look this year. I only hope there are good things happening under the soil. I am also hoping that the mystery visitor grazes elsewhere.

      Delete
  2. I have a similar whorl lay down area in one part of my bed. I know the culprit in my case... the feral cat that hangs out at our place (and we feed him so he kind of is ours but so wild we could never touch him). It won't be long before the bed starts laying over on it's own accord so I am not overly concerned about it.

    Your potatoes are indeed looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was bigger than a cat. I haven't touched the area and hope the potato plants will spring back up. They still have some growing to do.

      Delete