Monday, May 27, 2013

Harvest Monday: May 27, 2013

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is gathering from his or her gardens in different areas.


We haven't seen the sun in quite a while. In addition to rainy weather our temperatures haven't been very "seasonal." The heat loving transplants will need to wait until warmer weather to be placed in the garden. However, the spring greens love it and are growing well enough to finally have some significant harvests this week.

Kale

Spinach

Pak Choi and Scallion


Be sure to visit Daphne’s Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely harvests. We've had the same cold dreary weather, but come Thursday we are supposed to have a huge warm up. I think all my greens will start bolting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pak Choi is already bolting. Going from 40s to 80s is going to have a huge impact on the rest of the greens as well. I guess I should enjoy them while I can.

      Delete
  2. It's been a rainy and cooler week here too and the greens are flourishing and the warmer weather crops are just in idle mode. I guess we just have to enjoy the spring greens crops while we can. Your spinach is beautiful. I have apparently lost my spring planted spinach crop to a combination of bunnies and birds this year. Frustrating because I really do love fresh spinach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain and cool weather kept me out of the garden for a few days. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked out and found the spinach flourishing. I don’t usually have much luck with spring spinach.

      Delete
  3. Your greens are looking great. Hope the upcoming heat doesn't cause everything to bolt. I notice your greens are also free of flea beetle damage. We're having a serious attack this spring and they seem to get worse each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed less damage overall from slugs too. There are some slugs, but not in the numbers I am used to dealing with. I haven’t seen any flea beetles yet either. Usually I find them attacking my eggplant seedlings when I am hardening them off. Maybe it is still too cold for them? I am sure all that will change this week when things warm up.

      Delete