Monday, June 17, 2013

Harvest Monday: June 17, 2013

Each Monday, Daphne’s Dandelions hosts “Harvest Monday” where everyone can share links to their harvest for the week. It’s fun to see what everyone is gathering from his or her gardens in different areas.


Spring greens rein in the garden spot again this week. We've been enjoying a lot of fresh salads and sautéed greens. It looks like this may be the last of the spinach as most are showing signs of bolting. We will enjoy it while we can.

Spinach

Kale

Swiss Chard

Lettuce

Be sure to visit Daphne’s Dandelions to see what others are harvesting this week.

12 comments:

  1. Your greens are gorgeous! It's been so hot here all our greens either stunted or bolted! What I wouldn't do for a big, green, fresh-from-the-garden salad right now! Enjoy every bite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many greens. Wow. Almost nothing green will grown now for me unless I want bitter greens. :-( Wahhh. I enjoy looking at yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice greens, and a lot of kale for this time of year. Is that from plants that wintered over? Mine didn't make it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greens look so nice. My lettuce is already bolting. And my spinach has long since been eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely greens in your harvest. Our spinach bolted back in May after we hit 90 degree :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your greens are so fresh and lovely! Like the rest of the commenters, the season for lettuce and greens has passed here. I've got enough lettuce in the fridge to get me by for a bit, but it's not the same as fresh from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful harvest this week. Looks like a lot of yummy salads on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent Greens! Those red leaf lettuces are divine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your greens. Mine are about gone! Dh has been asking when are we gonna get past salads and on to something else. He got what he asked for this week! Your greens are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. It all looks so wonderful. I think I'm glad I bought spinach at the farmer's market yesterday; serving pizza florentine for supper tomorrow night. I do love eating at this time of year! -Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've salad greens but everything else is still on its way, thank goodness for farmers' markets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all! I planted late this year so it is nice to finally enjoy some spring greens.

    ReplyDelete