Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First Eggs!!!!


One of my Easter Eggers has been singing the egg laying song for about a week now so I was expecting to find an egg any day now. Today she seemed especially uncomfortable and kept scratching and sitting each nesting box trying to get comfortable. I must have checked the boxes 20-times today until finally...


Although chickens don't usually lay two eggs in one day, I am pretty certain that these are both from the same Easter Egger since the other EE hasn't shown any signs that she is ready to lay yet. Maybe she was a little backed up? Both eggs were the same size and pale blue color. One egg was a little rough, cracked, and slightly dented.



White Egg on Left is Supermarket Extra Large


Easter Egger Trying to Get Comfortable

I know there will be many eggs to follow, but these are the first and I think they are a beautiful sight.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting. I'd love homegrown eggs but I'm just not willing to put the work in for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy day! If you are into such things. :D

    ReplyDelete